Postponement of the Essar Chester 2020 Half Marathon
During these challenging times, the health and wellbeing of our runners, volunteers, officials, spectators and the general public are of paramount importance to us. As a result of the Coronavirus pandemic, the Essar Chester 2020 Half Marathon is being postponed to the 20th September 2020.
We are disappointed to have to make this decision and know how disappointing this news will be for our runners. We are thankful for the support of our local council, medical team and key suppliers who have enabled us to postpone the event rather than cancel.
Many of you will have questions and we would kindly ask you to be patient as we continue to work through finalising arrangements for 20th September.
Below are a few key points:
- All runners currently entered into the Essar Chester 2020 Half Marathon as of 18th March 2020 will automatically be transferred to the new race day of 20th September
- All entries after 18th March 2020 will automatically be entered into the race on the 20th September. The revised date is clearly stated on the website and entry forms
- All runners who choose not to take part or are not able to make the new scheduled date are able to transfer their place to somebody else at no additional cost, via the confirmation email they received when they entered, or through Nifty Entries
- We are determined for runners’ training not to go to waste and are able to offer all those who retain a valid entry the chance to complete a virtual half marathon remotely between 1st April and 31st August 2020.
o You will need to retain a valid entry (i.e. not transfer your place to another runner)
o You will complete a 13.1 mile run in your location. Please don’t run the race route, as roads will be open to traffic and it will not be safe. Please run in a safe environment, stay hydrated and only run if you are feeling well.
o This will enable you to still qualify and keep yourself on track for the 2020 Chester Triple medal, and to still make your charity fundraising worthwhile.
o All runners who can’t make the new date, and who complete a virtual half marathon remotely will still receive the race finishers t-shirt and medal, which we will post out to you, and goody bag if you are able to collect it.
o Please transfer to the virtual run by 31st August, and upload your run by 30th September.
o Please note if you claim a virtual run you won’t be able to use the same entry to run in the rescheduled race, you would need to enter and pay again.
- Deferrals and refunds – Unfortunately we are not in a position to be able to offer entry deferrals to 2021 or refunds. This is as per our standard terms and conditions. If you are unable to run, we hope that you do manage to transfer your entry or run your Essar Chester 2020 Half Marathon virtually.
We will return in September and we are looking forward to moving forward with you, our new route and putting on one of best half marathons in the UK. In the meantime, we encourage everyone to stay safe, keep running, follow the official guidance and look after yourselves and those around you.
Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.
Chris, Andy, Callum and all the Team
Vincent Boit in 2015
Amanda Crook in 2013
Never miss our training runs or special offers!
|1st||Mohammad Rezeq (Altrincham & District AC)||1:04:28|
|2nd||Ben Fish (Blackburn Harriers & AC)||1:09:27|
|3rd||Simon Birch (Hinckley Running Club)||1:10:38|
|1st||Kirsty Longley (Liverpool, Pembroke & Sefton)||1:19:03|
|2nd||Julie Briscoe (Wakefield District H & AC)||1:19:47|
|3rd||Gemma Connolly (St Helens Sutton AC)||1:19:56|